By Jane Nambi
Five year old girl from Kyenjonjo district swallowed a sh100 coin and it got stuck in her throat preventing her from eating anything because of the pain in her throat.
Doreen Mulungi on Saturday, according to her father, Jon Musinguzi took a coin which was laying next to his bed and swallowed it without his knowledge. The next day being a Sunday, father and daughter made their way to church and Doreen decided to tell her father that she had swallowed the coin.
Narrating the incident, Doreen’s father said, “On Saturday my little girl picked a coin near my bed, and decided to keep it, on the following day as we reached the church she told me that she had swallowed the coin, I abandoned prayers and rushed her to Kyenjojo hospital, before being transferred to Mulago.”
At Mulago hospital, they have been admitted in Ward 3B-E. She is still waiting treatment but Musinguzi does not have the money to offer so that his daughter could get the required treatment.
Swallowing of coins is not a new happening for children however, over the last years, there has been a decline in the incident.