By Jane Nambi
An 18 year old boy’s was burnt when he applied a highly flammable beverage on his face.
Jack Kirk applied the highly flammable absinthe which is 90% proof spirit. It was after this that his friend lit a cigarette that sparked off the fire. His friends rushed him to hospital where he had an emergency operation and stayed two days in intensive care on the Spanish island of Majorca with black lips. He had to wear a mask for two weeks.
His face has since returned to normal. “I was with five friends in Magaluf and we decided to have a shot in our room before we went out. But as I lifted the glass to my mouth my mate lit a cig and the fumes caught fire. The whole lot exploded. I fell down screaming with my face on fire. My mates put the flames out with towels and carried me to the shower. I was only just conscious and didn’t really know what was happening. I woke up after surgery and didn’t have a clue what was going on. When I saw my face I burst into tears. I thought this was going to be me for the rest of my life,” he narrated of the ordeal.
Mum Jayne, 48, said: “I walked straight past him in the hospital. It was devastating seeing my boy like that.”