By Martha Nakimuli
Over 42 female employees were on Tuesday afternoon electrocuted at a hair factory in Kampala.The incident occurred at Darling Factory located in Namanve a Kampala suburb on Jinja road.
One of the survivors told the press while at a nearby medical facility where they were rushed after the incident that they were working when they realized that they were being electrocuted. ” We could not move easily ,we were getting stuck to each other.
” We struggled to get out but it was not easy for us.” she said ” We were then told that a volt wire had touched the building where we were” the lady who refused to reveal her name to the press said.
The 38 of the ladies were discharged a few hours later but five of them are still admitted in a critical condition.
Darling hair factory Uganda deals in Hair Extension,Wigs,Lace Wigs and hair braids.The company employs many women from Kampala and Mukono districts.