By Ahura Mujuni Mark
Dr. Dennis Lwamafa, acting director general of health services, said in a statement that the last confirmed case of Ebola was admitted to Kagadi Hospital was on August 3.There have not been new cases reported since then,” Lwamafa confirmed.
The ministry yesterday also confirmed saying that the suspected cases in Mbale district have been confirmed free of the Ebola virus.
The three suspected Ebola cases in Mbale district were also confirmed negative according to the Mbale district Health officer John Bosco Waniaye on Thursday.
At least 17 people succumbed to Ebola in Kibaale district were the virus first broke out in July. However, no one has died in a period of two weeks.The ministry said 49 patients were Thursday discharged from the isolation facility of Kagadi Hospital after being proven negative for Ebola.
Medical theory indicates that an Ebola outbreak starts when an infected animal, most likely a monkey or a bat, infects a human being. Through direct contact, the victim then infects other people.