By Mirembe Martina
Musicians in Uganda are considered the most successful people in the country because of the magnitude of their riches but no one really knows who is richer than the other. We bring you the 20 riches Ugandan musicians in their order.
- Bobi Wine; you have to admit that this ghetto president has dimes. He recently bought a yacht which he ordered when he went on his honeymoon with wife, Barbie.Many say the boat is not his but no one has come out with any evidence that it is not actually his. He has one of the most beautiful houses in the country and his wedding was a more than beautiful. He really deserves the number one position on this page.
- Mesach Semakula; Mesach owns several properties in Buziga, Kisenyi, Bunamwaya and Buwaate, among others. In addition, he owns a studio, Khan studio in Makindye.
- Ronald Mayinja; he falls under the class of Geoffrey Lutaaya. He owns Roma Motel in Bunnamwaya and is building another one next to the old one. He has two homes in Lukuli Nanganda. He also owns the Roma Hardware in Kireka among others.
- Jose Chameleone; I would have thought he would have been on number one or two considering the fact that he is best artist in Uganda but well, he is not. Chameleone owns a beach, Coco Beach in Entebbe, has his own record label, Leone Island, a recording studio, and drives some of the best cars in the country. He has an escalade, El Grand, and a BMW among others. His home is found in Sseguku and owns several other properties in the country.
- Geoffrey Lutaaya; who ever said the Afro music genre does not have money is clearly wrong. Lutaaya’s music has made him make the number five spot on this page. He owns a hotel called Durban Motel found in Najjanankumbi and is on his way to constructing another in Busaabala. In addition, he has a club in Natete called Dance Flo. His home is found in Munyonyo, one of the most expensive places to own a house, even a simple piece of land.
- Bebe Cool; owns the Gagamel Crew, has some of the best cars in Uganda and is in the process of building 6 houses one of which is his own.
- Raga Dee; he is a dealer in expensive cars. He owns a beach in Busabaala, and owns a car company, Limo Life.
- Haruna Mubiru; with the number of wives on his back, Haruna has to have money to sustain them. He has a flat in Kabowa which has rentals. He owns the Kream Productions.
- Sophie Nantongo; ladies have to have a mark somewhat and Sophia is representing. She owns rentals in Kibuye alongside several plots of land in Makindye and Kisaasi. Her house is found in Kasanga.
- Iryn Namubiru; One of the most daring female artists in the country, Iryn owns a house in Kitala alongside Entebbe Road, a house in Muyenga and a Land Cruiser Prado for a car.