By Jane Nambi
World Bank has black listed 83 firms worldwide and Uganda has 12 firms and individuals who make that list.
The black listed individuals/firms will not be eligible to financed contracts by World Bank for several years between two to six. It is believed that these companies/individuals were involved in corruption cases there by flouting the World Bank procurement guidelines.
The list of the 12 firms and individuals black listed from Uganda is as follows.
- Eastern Builders and Engineers – Banned for 6 years
- Babcon Uganda – Banned for 2 years
- Dhema Agencies – Banned for 3 years
- Vital Supplies and Logistics – Banned for 2 years
- Nexus Uganda – Banned for 3 years
- Ayemo Investments – Banned for 5 years
- Broadway Engineering Services – Banned for 6 years
- Alex Opua – Banned for 5 years
- Allan Makabayi – Banned for 2 years
- John B. Katende – Banned for 6 years
- Rogers Segawa – Banned for 3 years
- Gurdyal Singh – Banned for 3 years